Skip to main content
Find out if you're eligible to apply

Are you in Canada right now?  Learn why we ask this

About Study Permits

A Study Permit is generally required for someone from another country to attend a university or other learning institution in Canada. Our Study Permit eligibility quiz provides links to IRCC to help you determine whether you need a Study Permit or if you are eligible to study in Canada without one.

A letter of acceptance from an approved educational facility is essential to begin your Study Permit application. IRCC maintains a list of Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) which are approved for foreign students to attend. Student applicants must also provide supporting documentation to prove they are financially and medically fit to study in Canada. Anyone able to study in Canada without a Study Permit may still require a visitor visa or other entry permit to the country.

Anyone coming to Canada on a Study Permit or Work Permit will receive a Visitor Visa with their permits if they are approved.

Immigrate Simply saves you time and money by:

  • Streamlining the process of entering information 

  • Providing hints and tips alongside questions

  • Printing all the immigration forms you need for your application with the information you entered

After you finalize your forms on Immigrate Simply, you are ready to submit your Study Permit to IRCC:

  • Download your completed forms and checklist from Immigrate Simply

  • Gather the required documents listed on the checklist

  • Submit your Study Permit application and all the required documents to IRCC and pay the IRCC fees 

Immigrate Simply fills out the forms you need for a Study Permit using the information you give us. The following forms all relate to Study Permit applications :                                          

IMM 5483   Document checklist -Study Permit
IMM 1294   Application (from outside Canada)
IMM 5707   Family Information
IMM 5645   Family Information
IMM 5646   Custodianship Declaration
IMM 5409   Statutory declaration of common-law union
IMM 5476   Use of Representative

Need Help? We’re here for you!

Get help with Study Permit