1.0 Our Policy
We comply with applicable privacy legislation. We make no representation that this Website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations or jurisdictions. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
2.0 What is Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual and includes, without limitation: (i) contact data (such as your first and last name, city, province, postal code, and email address), (ii) financial data (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code), (iii) demographic data (such as your postal code, and gender), and (iv) other legal data (such as your social insurance number and other sensitive information used to complete and generate the proper documents based upon the specific information and direction).
2.1 Information Collected or Received
We only collect the personal information that is necessary to carry out our business, provide the service(s) you requested and to keep you informed of the latest news regarding Immigrate Simply and your application.
The personal information that we collect directly from you may include the following:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request client support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and your country of residence. When you supply us with your contact information online, you will only receive contact from us regarding matters relating to your application or concerns.
- If you answer and submit one or more of the applications on our website, depending on the specific application(s), we generally require you to provide us with the following personal information, including: your name, email address, phone number, age, nationality, country of residence, immigration status, relationship and marital status, parental status, financial status, employment history, business ownership, and education background. Thereafter, we may send follow-up emails to the email address provided by you regarding the status of your application unless you have unsubscribed or requested to no longer receive these emails. Your personal information will be used for the sole purpose of completing your application to immigrate to Canada under Canada’s current immigration selection criteria, and will not be sold or given to any third-party without your consent.
- If you create an account to use one or more of the following online services, including but not limited to the four applications available on our websites, we will ask you to provide a username, your email address, and a password;
- If you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through Google Site Admin, Google Analytics, web beacons, or similar technologies, such as IP addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal information (please view the “Device and usage data” section below);
- If you would like to retain our services and use our payment options, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, and payment information.
2.2 Information from Minors
You must be 18 years of age to create an account with Immigrate Simply. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, and those under the age of 18 should not use Immigrate Simply or provide any personal information without the supervision and consent of a legal parent or guardian. We request and encourage parents to monitor their child(ren)s internet usage, and contact us if you believe a minor under the age of 18 has supplied us with personal information.
2.3 Device and Data Usage
a) Log files
i) We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain personal information, from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our websites or interact with emails we have sent to you.
b) Cookies and other tracking
c) Social Media
i) Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the Instagram “Share” button, and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our websites with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
2.4 Purposes For Which We Process Personal Information And The Legal Basis On Which We Rely
We collect and process your personal information for the purposes and on the legal basis identified below:
- Providing our services and performing contracts: We base the processing of your personal information on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our websites and tools, and on the performance of any contract with you to provide you with content you access and service you request according to any applicable terms of service;
- Managing user registrations: We will process your personal information by managing your user account for the purpose of performing the contract with you according to any applicable terms of service, and relevant national laws and regulations;
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Me” and/or one or more Applications, request client support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your personal information to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfill your request and communicate with you;
- Developing and improving our websites: We will process your personal information to analyze trends and track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our websites and to provide our users with more relevant content;
- Sending communications: We will process your personal information to send you the latest updates about us, including information about our service, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view the “Your access to and control over your personal information” section below).
- Complying with legal obligations: We will process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of data hosted on our site, our data, our websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
Where we need to collect and process personal information by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you and you fail to provide that required personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract.
Where your personal information is anonymized or de-identified, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information under the applicable data protection law. Our use of anonymized or de-identified data is not subject to this Policy.
3.0 Sharing, third parties and international transfer
We may share certain of your User Information, including Personal Information, with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, including without limitation in connection with the following:
- Processing and Other Services – When we disclose Personal Information to third parties for processing, such as for contracted services such as computer backup services and/or archival storage services, or other third party services related to services rendered by us, we will ensure that those third parties agree to only use your Personal Information for specified purposes and agree to provide a level of protection to the Personal Information comparable to that adopted by us.
- As Permitted by Law – We may share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- Transferability of Information – We may share your User Information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information and other User Information will likely be among the assets transferred, and you hereby consent to such transfer.
4.0 Messages from Immigrate Simply
On occasion, Immigrate Simply may need to contact you. These messages are delivered by email for a variety of reasons including: reminders of an incomplete application, updates to government forms, marketing updates, transaction information, and information about the introduction of new services. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications via email in your account settings or by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive. To ensure you properly receive notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device, such as operating system and user identification information. Every account is required to keep a valid email address on file to receive messages. You can update your contact preferences in your account settings.
Some messages from Immigrate Simply are service-related and necessary for members. You understand and agree that Immigrate Simply can send you non-marketing emails, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes. Examples of service-related messages include an email address confirmation/welcome email when you register your account, notification of an order, service availability, updates to government forms, and correspondence with Immigrate Simply’s Support team.
When you register for an account, subscribe to a newsletter, or provide us with your email address, you may opt-in to receive marketing emails from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from marketing emails through the opt-out link included in marketing emails. Members can also control which marketing emails they receive from Immigrate Simply’s through their account settings. Please note that some changes to your account settings may take a few days to take effect.
5.0 Retention of Personal Information
We will retain the account information you provide indefinitely in order to guarantee you have the ability to continue to access your account as well as edit and update the information you submit.
6.0 Your Access to and Control Over Your Personal Information
You may exercise any of the rights described below by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We will process your request within 30 days of receipt.
6.1 Managing your information
You may access and edit your information on Immigrate Simply at any time. However, you are responsible for ensuring all personal information is correct and up-to-date.
6.2 Access to your information
You have the right to request information about the personal information we hold on you at any time. You can contact us and we will provide you with your personal information via email. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
6.3 Right To Erasure
We keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our legitimate business interests, to comply with our legal obligations and protect our rights. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide you with our latest news or any of our services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account(s).
Please note, however, that we may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests, such as fraud detection and enhancing security. We may also retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as keeping information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations, as well as professional obligations. Information you have shared with others (e.g. reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers. Residual copies may also be kept in our backup systems. If we have shared your personal information with third-party service providers, we will let them know about the erasure where possible.
6.4 Marketing Options
You have choices when it comes to learning about our new offers, products or services. You may indicate that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us. If so, your Personal Information will also be used to contact you to send you email materials and other mailings about products and services that might be of interest to you. We may contact you about these products or services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected, or we may use your IP address to display or allow your third party advertising providers to display more targeted advertising and content.
You always have the option to tell us not to share your Personal Information with third parties or to exclude you from offers for products or services and targeting advertising. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may opt out by contacting us. Additionally, each marketing email we send to you will include instructions on how to opt-out which you may utilize. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account or file.
6.5 Right To Object Direct Marketing
We will only communicate with you if you wish to hear from us. We rely on you freely providing your consent as a legal basis for processing your information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. If you have already provided your consent but you prefer to not receive promotional information from us, you may unsubscribe from the email services by using the unsubscribe link situated at the bottom of any promotional message you receive from us.
6.6 Restriction Of Processing
You can ask us to block or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it and we have no legitimate grounds that override yours. Such a request alone does not stop us from storing your personal information.
6.7 Consent Withdrawal
To the extent we base the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
6.8 Questions or Complaints
We may amend or update this policy from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (i) posting the changes on or through the Services, (ii) sending you an email or message about the changes, or (iii) posting an update in the version notes on the Apps’ platform. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
8.0 Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of personal information, collected, used or disclosed by us using appropriate physical, organizational and technological measures. In the case of a personal data breach that is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify both you and the proper authorities within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach and without undue delay. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please contact us.